Submitted by: Mother
My Tribute: I lost my only child, Matthew, to a heroin overdose about six weeks ago. The nightmare of losing him has just begun for me. I know it will never end. He was such an intelligent and handsome boy. A 2013 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. He was struggling with finding his place in the adult world and, for some reason, was so self conscious and confused about where he fit in. Unfortunately, he turned to drugs for relief. His first injection of heroin was also his last. It killed him.