When: September 20-22, 2018*
Where: Radisson Suites – Tucson, AZ
SORRY, REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
* (begins at 4PM Mountain Time)
Hi GRASP supporters and friends,
We’re looking forward to seeing you at our Fourth Biennial Retreat and Conference this September in Tucson, AZ. For those who have attended our prior Retreats it will be a time to reconnect with friends and for those who are attending for the first time, to make new friends.
Unless someone has experienced what we have all experienced, the loss of someone you love to substance use and overdose, they really can’t understand. And that makes it hard. This is why the GRASP Retreat is unique. Everyone understands. There are no awkward questions, no awkward silences. There is no wondering of how much to say, or how to say it. There is no need to explain. Because we have all lost the one we love.
GRASP is a community that no one wants to be a member of. But that serves only to make the bond among us even stronger. We share our grief; we share our loss, and in doing so we find support, comfort, and a connection that can be found nowhere else. We find a place where we can be ourselves and through the sharing of our grief and loss, we become Family.
But there is more. This GRASP event is not only a Retreat, it is also a Conference.
The first part of the conference will deal with the topic of grief and loss. We will have a short presentation by Aimee Dunkle (Solace Foundation and Board Member, Broken No More/GRASP) on the topic of Disenfranchised Grief. We will then have three Breakout Sessions with each lasting for 45 minutes. The topics of these sessions are listed below. You will be able to choose which session you want to attend during each Breakout Session. These sessions are designed to be educational but to also allow for participation from the attendees.
Each person’s experience is valued and there is much we can learn from each other. This is a safe space where you are among others who have shared this same kind of loss. It will be a time to learn, listen to others and, if you wish, to freely express your own thoughts and feelings. To express the grief that you experience and how your life has changed during your time of loss.
Breakout Session Topics:
- Raising grandchildren/Sibling grief/Men and grief (Each of these topics will be available for participation once during the three Breakout Sessions.)
- Losing your identity after loss: What happens now?
- Friends, family, and community: Moving forward and learning to adapt to our changed relationships
- The Blame game: Releasing anger and resentment. Starting down the path toward forgiveness and healing
- Survival strategies: How to grow through pain
- Holidays and anniversaries: Ways to honor our loved ones and navigate these difficult days
- Treasured Belongings: How we deal with their things
- Loss of a partner/Loss of a parent
- $285 Early Bird Registration Closes June 30, 2018
- $325 Conference Registration Closes August 20, 2018
Registration fees do not include lodging or travel expenses. Lodging rates at the Radisson Suites include complimentary breakfast each morning. Registration fees do not include meals other than the reception on Thursday (hors d’oeuvres) and dinner on Saturday evening.
Book lodging directly with the Radisson using the following link to get the reduced conference room rates:
6555 E. Speedway Blvd.
Tucson, Arizona 85710
We would like to acknowledge that Broken No More and the Drug Policy Alliance are sponsoring our GRASP Biennial Conference and Retreat. This is the fourth Biennial GRASP Conference and Retreat for which we have received their support.